Updated: September 2018
- Types of Information We Collect. The two main types of information we collect include:
- Information that identifies you. This is commonly referred to as Personal Information and includes, for example, your name, address, email address, telephone number, and credit or debit card information.
- Information that relates to you, but on its own does not personally identify you. This is collected when you visit our web pages, open our emails, use our applications, or otherwise use the Services. Examples of this type of information include the type of browser and operating system you are using, your IP address, your device identifiers, your Internet or wireless service provider, location-based information.
- How We Collect the Information. The methods we use to collect information about you are as follows:
- Directly from you, when you provide it to us. For example, we collect information when you register with us, respond to surveys, contact us or otherwise interact with us. If others use your devices and you remain logged in to our Services, they may share information with us as if they were you, and they may have access to information that you have previously provided us. To protect your privacy, please log out from any Services that you access from public or shared devices.
- From third parties. We may obtain information from others, including but not limited to social networks, other online services, publicly available records, our service providers, and from consumer data resellers.
- provide the Services you have requested;
- create a User Account if you have requested one;
- personalize the Services, including providing personalized advertising;
- respond to your inquiries, requests, and comments;
- provide technical support for the Services;
- prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including copyright infringement);
- enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- understand how the Services are used so that we can continuously improve them;
- send you newsletters and information about products, services and promotions relating to us and/or other organizations that we work with, in accordance with your communication preferences;
- send you communications related to the Services, including announcements and administrative messages;
- create anonymous and, where legally permissible, personally identifiable User and consumer profiles that can be used for targeted advertising and marketing, (subject to legal restrictions, including consent where necessary);
- marketing and promoting the Services, including, without limitation, promotions and other initiatives and activities;
- tracking your return visits to and use of the Services; and
- other purposes disclosed at the time you provide us with information or which are reasonably necessary to provide the Services.
- research purposes, marketing/promotional purposes and/or to provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients, business partners, third party organizations, etc.;
- accumulating and reporting aggregate, statistical information in connection with the Services and User activity;
- determining which features and functionality of the Services Users like best to help us enhance and improve the Services;
- saving certain information for your ongoing use of the Services; and
- other purposes disclosed at the time you provide us with information or which are reasonably necessary to provide the service requested.
From time to time, you may be presented with the option to receive, or you may be automatically entered to receive, certain marketing, promotional and/or other communications from us and others that we think will be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe to receive certain such communications by either following the specific instructions included in such communications or you may “opt-out” of receiving certain marketing and promotional emails from us by sending an email to email@example.com detailing your privacy request. Please note that “opt-out” and “unsubscribe” requests may not take effect immediately and may take a reasonable amount of time to receive, process and apply, during which time your information shall remain subject to the prior privacy settings. Additionally, you should be aware that any information provided to third parties prior to your election to opt out or unsubscribe cannot be retrieved or rescinded by us unless required by applicable law, and you cannot retroactively opt out or unsubscribe with respect to such third parties.
We may also have features that allow you to submit information, questions or feedback to us. In those instances, we may retain your emails and other information you submit to us for our internal purposes, and to help us, our service providers, partners, collaborators and affiliates serve you better.
- Your California Privacy Rights: Notice to California Customers. If you are a resident of the State of California and wish to request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices under California state law, please send a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your request. All requests must be labeled “Your California Privacy Rights” on the email subject line. You must include your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address and indicate your preference on how our response to your request should be sent (email or postal mail). Your street address is optional if you wish to receive a response to your request via email. We will not accept requests via telephone, mail or fax. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete or legible information.
- Collection of Information by Third Parties. Some of our Services contain links to third party sites and services whose privacy practices may be different than ours. We may also allow you to connect with other third party sites and services. You should consult the other third party sites’ and services’ privacy notices in order to better understand their privacy policies.
We sometimes may offer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, editorial features, or other activities or offerings that are sponsored or co-sponsored by or presented with identified third parties. By virtue of your participation in such activities or offerings, your IP address and the personally identifiable information that you voluntarily submit may be provided to both GolfLine and the third parties. GolfLine has no control over the third parties’ use of this information.
- Minors The Services are not directed toward children under 13 years of age. If you believe GolfLine has inadvertently collected information from a child under 13 years of age please contact email@example.com.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. We may place “cookies” on your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small text files that we place on your computer or device to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other Personal Information unless you choose to provide this information to us. Once you choose to provide us with Personal Information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. A cookie assigns a unique numerical identifier to your web browser or device, and may enable us to recognize you as the same User who has used our Services, and relate your use of the Services to other information about you, such as your usage information and Personal Information.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can set your browser option so that you will not receive cookies and you can also delete existing cookies from your browser. However, you may find that some of the Services will not function properly if you have refused cookies or similar tracking technologies. You should be aware that disabling cookies or similar tracking technologies might prevent you from accessing some of our content.
Some of the tracking technologies we use include:
- Local Shared Objects: Local shared objects, such as Flash cookies, also may be stored on your computer or device. Local shared objects operate like cookies, but cannot be managed in the same way. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on your computer or device, you may be able to manage them using software settings.
- HTML 5: HTML5, the language some web sites are coded in, may be used to store information on your computer or device about your Service usage activities. This information may be retrieved by us to help us manage our Services, such as by giving us information about how our Services are being used, how they can be improved, and to customize them for our Users.
- Cache Cookies: Cache cookies, such as eTags, may be used to identify your computer or device as the same computer or device that was used to access the Services in the past.
- Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Information. We will take reasonable steps to accurately record the Personal Information that you provide to us. We will retain your data for as long as you use our Services and for a reasonable time thereafter. If you’d like to delete, modify or update the data that you provided via our Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of this data may be required in order for our Services to function properly, and we may be required, by law, to retain certain information.
Attention: Customer Service
112 Fourth Avenue, Suite A
Indialantic, Florida 32903